Learn to weave texture on a Rigid Heddle Loom.Techniques include Leno, Brooks Bouquet, Danish Medallions, Loop pile, warp and weft floats.
You will need to bring your own rigid heddle loom with all accessories necessary for warping.Materials:
- 100-150 grams of 8-ply commercial wool or wool blend yarn. (solid or semi-solid colour will make it easier to see what you’ve done)
- Small amounts of contrasting yarns (8-ply or thicker) – 10-25 grams will be plenty.
- Waste yarn (10-12 meters of 4-ply cotton or other smooth yarn)
- 7.5 dpi heddle
- 2 shuttles
- 2 extra shuttles or sticks (a 30cm ruler would work)
- Warping sticks/cardboard/heavy paper – something to separate the layers of warp on your warp beam.
If you want to use 4-ply yarn instead, bring a 10 dpi heddle.
We will warp up the loom using the direct method at the beginning of the day.